Monday, November 24, 2008

Things I'm Going to Miss in Portland


As I am typing this, the movers are here packing everything up to be put in storage in Phoenix. Dennis and I have been very busy trying to get all the last minute things done here before we move. One of my favorite things to do here, has been to go down to the Saturday Market in downtown Portland. We usually walk down from the Lloyd Center Mall across the river and then take the MAX back. Here is some of the pictures of our last trip.




This is the steel bridge that we walk over to get to the market. The MAX and cars and the train also all go over this bridge. It raises in the center when the large ships go out to the Columbia river and to the ocean. The second picture is off part of the Saturday Market, it is usually packed with people, fun items for sale, food, and some interesting entertainment.

This is me with my favorite find at the market, I love these baskets! They are made in Africa and a native sells them here at the market and sends the money back to the people there (so he says) They are the best baskets and so strong and beautiful colors. Dennis has to wait everytime while I decide which one I want.
No meaningful experience of Portland is complete until you ride the MAX trains. They are always packed with people (at least I think some of them are people). Very, very interesting!
I also wanted to post a picture of the view of MT. Hood from the area, but it has been cloudy for the last week or so, so you can't see it. On a clear day you can see Mt. Hood towering above the skyline with a touch of snow on the top. It is so beautiful! Sometimes you can even see Mt. Adams in Washington and Mt. St. Helens in Washington. I will really miss that view! I will just have to get out and see Phoenix area when we get settled there. Goodbye rain and hello sunshine!


2 comments:

Tom Branch Family said...

i never got to visit you in oregon,it looks like you had fun while you were there. i guess i'll have to visit you in phoenix now.good luck on the packing and move. see you when you get here in good ol draper.

Beth and Shilo said...

You never even did a post about moving and why. Just straight to the packing. WE never even got to visit you in Oregon. I am kinda bummed I never got to see your and dad's house or where you lived for a year.

I am excited for you guys to move to Arizona though. I will definitly be there to visit, maybe live. I am sure you will find alot of things you love about Arizona too.

See you in a couple days.
Love Ya.