Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sun, Surf and The Great Outdoors!!!!

Last Weekend was absolutely gorgeous here! Dennis and I headed for the coast on Saturday for a little hiking and color. The trees here are wonderful, amongst all the pine trees are yellows, reds, oranges, and still some green. I tried to get a picture out the car window while driving, so this isn't the best. We are a little over an hour from the coast so it was a great drive. I espcially love the trees that are yellow, some orange and turning red. They are absolutely beautiful! We headed to Seaside first and stopped to have an Elephant Ear, they are the best! It's a wheat scone with whatever topping you want on it, I personally like just the cinnamon and sugar. I have not had one for years, so it was great! Then we went hiking on the Cape Falcon trail, south of Cannon Beach. Here is Dennis at the beginning of the trail. Do not tell him you saw this, he hates that I take pictures of him to put on the blog! The hike was 6 miles long, along the coast and in through the forrest. It was really muddy in spots throughout the trail. I so nicely was trying to jump over one mud puddle and ended up falling on my hands and knees in it, so after cleaning up at the nearby stream, we proceeded on. (Notice the muddy knees on the jeans). At the end of the trail you come out on the Coast. It was beautiful there and so sunny. We are getting pretty good at this hiking thing (except for the falling). On Friday we found another hiking trail inside of Portland City. It was a 5 mile long trail with many other trail that go off of it. (We did not even get lost this time). It is actually a State Park with 28 acres of trails, streams, etc. They say in the winter you can see the salmon spanning in the streams.




Back, to the hike, Saturday, there was a lookout where we could see this beach below us called Short Sand Beach. This is where all the surfers go, there were so many surfers in the water catching a few waves, it was great to watch! I never knew it was even there, since you have to hike down to the beach from the highway. Anyway, I great weekend with lots of fun and exploring. Love this fall weather here!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oooh, beautiful! I envy you that you and your hubby can just "take off"! How fun. Keep sharing. I live vicariously through your adventures.

Lisa Mc said...

Great pictures!!! I love Oregon,
that is great you can go and do this. Life is meant to be enjoyed!

Beth and Shilo said...

Man you and dad are hiking fools!!

I won't tell dad there is a picture of him on here. It looks like he is hiking in the clouds though. One day he will just get used to the fact that you are posting pictures of him on here.

You have been a posting queen since I have been on vacation. What is there three of four new posts??? Way to go.

Love ya!!