Monday, October 6, 2008

Apple Harvest Festival

Dad and I spent the weekend in Fortuna, California with Mom Harper and Annie, Lily, and other family there. We went to the annual Apple Harvest Festival in Fortuna. The weather was rainy off and on, but stayed pretty nice most of the day. They have food, and booths along main street, hayrides, and other items at the park. We were there last year and had a good time. This year not as many people were there with their booths because of the rain. We still had fun visiting with Annie and Lily and their families. We got apples from Annie's tree and some from Lily's apple tree. Now the work begins if I can find my recipe for applesauce. We love to go there and visit and always have a good time. Driving through the redwoods was absolutely beautiful. Along the road was orange needles from the trees and it was so pretty down the center of the road and along each side. There was a surfing competition in Crescent City that had quite a few people there in wetsuits and with surf boards. With the storms the waves were pretty big. Had a great time in all and wished you all could be there.
Dennis and I went to the waterfront in Portland and took a picture of this ship. It was used in the Pirates of the Carribean Movie. It was the inceptor ship in the first movie (at least I think it was the first movie). Was fun to go on the ship and look around.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Fun trip! We are planning a trip to see my sister in Washington at the end of October (her youngest is getting baptized). My son and family are going to make a big vacation out of it and start at Disneyland and go all the way up the coast. I think one of the nights, they will stay in Crescent City! That looks like a lot of fun. "Pirates" is one of my favorite movies, so I like these pictures. You look great, too!

Lisa said...

PS. I also meant to comment on your cute wallpaper. This fall look is adorable!

Beth and Shilo said...

What a fun weekend. You need to show Dylan and Brock those pictures of Grandma on the pirate ships. They would love them.

And some Apple Cobbler sounds divine right about now! Or some fresh apple pie. Or some Apple crumb muffins. I could go on.