Thursday, September 4, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Okay, I did it again! Labor Day Weekend we went to California to spend it with Dennis' Mom. I flew down so I could get me free ticket on Southwest, and Dennis drove down on Thursday night. On Wednesday, when I got there, I went with Karen, Jason, Haley, and Mom to the Oakland Temple where they had a special exhibit in the Visitors Center. It was sculptures done by a woman who had just started sculpting. They were incredible! They were all about the Saviors life and one was life sized of the Savior. He had his hands reaching out to you and you were able to put your hand in his. What an incredible experience that was. It was kind of emotional too, to realize that you will someday be able to do that when you see him again face to face.

It was also fun to go to the Oakland Temple Grounds. That was where 30 years ago Dennis and I were Married. It is still a beautiful Temple with a great view of the bay and the Golden Gate Bridge. What a fun day. Thanks Karen for seeing the advertisement about the exhibit. We spent one day driving to Jenner by the Sea, and stopped at all the fun places along the way. One was Sebastopol. We went to a farmer's market they had there. It was a fun day and not too crowded for Labor Day weekend. The rest of the weekend we relaxed and Dennis did some work on his Mom's house. Oh, did I mention that it was hot? It was 106 on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It cooled off to the 90s on Sunday and Monday. We love to go to California!

2 comments:

Beth and Shilo said...

What a fun weekend and I am jealous you get to spend so much time in Cali and with Grandma and Karen. Do you ever have time to just be HOME and relax.

What is Jenner by the sea?? Pictures of Bruce Jenner on the beach?? Okay that was dumb.

And I can't believe it was so hot there. I am glad it is starting to cool off here, but also a little sad becasue I know summer is coming to an end and I haven't even had time to do ANYTHING! Boo!!

Keep up the posts!! Love You!!

The Moshers said...

Good Lord, it was over 100 again today! Yuck! I want my nice, calm Nor Cal autumn to kick in! It was so great to have you come out again, and you're right that sculpture exhibit was amazing....I've been thinking about it constantly since we were there. Especially since we are studying the New Testament in Seminary this year.
So can we set you and Dennis 2 places for Thanksgiving? It would be really, really great.... :)