Monday, September 8, 2008






Happy Birthday, Erik!



Today is Erik's 29th birthday. I just had to put a cute baby picture of him on here. He was our first child. Always happy and always singing. He continued that all his life. Erik will break out in song at any time and any where. He actually has a good singing voice and is not inhibited at all.

Erik was always a good baby and always was a good big brother to Kevin, Beth and later Tyler. He was his Grandpa Harper's grandson and he idolized his Grandpa. He and Grandpa were the most alike, some say he even looks quite a bit like him (especially now with the bald head)
Erik loved baseball, football and basketball while growing up, but his favorite obsession was his '68 mustang he got when he was 16. He worked on restoring it and loved to drive it everywhere. Rhonda, was her name. He had her while he was on his mission to Bolivia and she was waiting for him when he came home. He finally sold her, with much sadness, after he was married.
Erik is very talented with everything he does. He is a hard worker and a great dad. He has 3 sons and does alot with them. He can make friends whereever he goes, just like his grandpa, except now he can speak spanish and has even more friends.
I hope you have a great birthday, Erik. We can't wait to celebrate with you when we come down this week.
Here is a flashback picture of your 19th birthday just before your mission and the other is a current one taken last December. Have a Happy Brithday, Erik! Love ya!

4 comments:

Erik and Lisa Harper said...

Thanks Mom, my dad wasn't complete until they famous Happy Birthday song over the phone came in. I love you and miss you a lot. we cannot wait to have you all down this weekend, I am impressed by your blog. Lisa and I need to update. Thanks again for teh card. See you soon

The Moshers said...

I was trying to dig up my pictures of the big E, but I don't have any really good incriminating ones. Your 4 kids have been the lights of my life since I was 10 years old and I'm glad to say they still are. Good job with that Erik kid so far...he certainly could have gone in ANY direction considering his gene pool. :)

Love you!

Beth and Shilo said...

Mom what a great post. Not only do you have pictures throughout the post but you also got scanned pictures!!! I am way impressed.

Erik is grandpa all the way. I too see so much of grandpa in Erik. And yes he does totally look like Gpa with the shaved head. I miss Grandpa so much but it is good Erik has cariied on Grandpas Spirit.

Love you Erik and hope you had an awesome birthday. Thanks again for being such a good brother.

Beth and Shilo said...

P.S isn't that the picture we took to do Elf yourself??? Ha Ha that was funny!!