Monday, August 25, 2008

Here Goes!!!





































I am so going to do this. Beth set up this blog for Dennis and I and I have yet to really put something on it. So I am going to do it now. Dennis is in Utah right now and I am here in Oregon by myself. He is having dinner with whatever kids are available and able to tonight. I am going to have a friend over to make bracelets and magnet boards. I know it really sounds like fun! We have been here in Oregon now for about 9 months going on 10. We absolutely love it here, even though none of our kids have been to visit . Hopefully after seeing some of these fun pictures, they will want to come up. The top was taken at Newport, Oregon down by the Wax Museum. There are also ones of the redwoods when we went hiking there, haystack rock; down by Cannon Beach, the famous bridge going over to Long Beach, WAshington, Crater Lake and the fun we had down at Jason's baptism with the grandkids. We are hoping this is making you all so jealous that you will want to book your flights right now to come visit. Maybe it would help if it was bright and sunny on all those beach days; but don't you worry, they say it is the best at the beach in September and October. Sorry for all the pictures, but once I got the hang of it (thanks Erik!) I just could not pick just one. Next lesson will be how to put them throughout the text. Now send me some replies!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Great Job! Your background is so cute! Yep, it takes a few trials and errors, but you'll get the hang of it...and then you'll be addicted like the rest of us. I love seeing where you live, and all the fabulous pictures of your cute family. I'll be checking back often, so keep posting!

The Moshers said...

Yay! You've done a great job...you'll get the hang of it in no time. I'm still not as fancy as all the other bloggers, but it's fun, isn't it?
We'd love to come visit you....whenever we get some of that "extra time" stuff I've heard so much about. :) Miss you and love you!

Erik and Lisa Harper said...

Yay!!!! Way to go mom. It took a while but hopefully it all made sense. Now you got to update. Karen is bad at that but getting better. We are trying to keep up also. Surprising Andrea hasnt updated for a while. She was going strong for sometime there. Anyways how about come visit us here. We have plenty of sunshine. Then we will come up there soon I hope. Love you. Erik

Lisa Mc said...

Hurrah!!! You finally joined the blogging world!!This really is the best way to keep in touch! I love seeing the pictures! We took our family to Newport Oregon fishing one year. Bob's sister lived in Corvallis. We had a blast! fishing and picking berries.We loved the chowder houses to!
Your family looks great! I loved reading their blogs.
I am adding you to mine.
My life has been crazy with the new baby and Emily going back to school! Keep in touch.

Beth and Shilo said...

Looks good. See it is so super easy. Next post I want to see pictures throughout the post not all at the top.=) And work on getting rid of all the extra space between pictures. You will get the hang of it real quick. Call me if you need help.

We want to come up and see you guys up there in Oregon it is just trying to find the time and money!! I miss it up there though, it has been far to long since I have been there.

Now keep the posts coming. Love you and miss you.

Anonymous said...

hey dennis and joleen
did not see this spot till after i left comment on other place . this is great , i love it . have fun with this .
rick

Andrea Harper said...

WOO WOO!!! Congrats on posting something! (I just updated mine after over a month, so I can't talk) We want to come see you guys up there SO bad. I know I would LOVE Oregon. I love the rain and dreary weather though. I feel bad that whenever you are in town, I'm hardly ever around to actually spend some time with you. Maybe you and Beth and I can go out to luch and a movie or something next time you're here? Anyways, we love you and miss you! Keep the posts comin.

Beth and Shilo said...

I tagged you! Go to my blog and get to it!!!